Friday, April 11, 2008

In Preparation for the Pope's Visit to DC

The Pope is coming to DC next week and thought it might be interesting to post this reflection by the Archbishop of Canterbury on his visit to Rome for talks with the Pope two years ago. Much has happened in those two years, very much indeed. It is good to review this video though - and get a larger picture of what is at stake not only for the Anglicans in the North America, but for the Anglican Communion and for the future relationships with our Christian brothers and sisters around the world. Note that the Pope and Canterbury discussed what it means to the character of Christian obedience, what it meant to be obedient to Christian revelation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this. As a cradle Episcopalian and the child of cradle Episcopalians, I recently joined the Catholic church in large part because I can not raise my children in the church I grew up in. The church is no longer the church I grew up in or even something my father or grandparents would recognize. I found his remarks about "growing up" to become friends rather interesting. How much pain do friends inflict upon each other? While I will always love my memories of the Episcopal church I am now called to follow Christ with Rome. Now that I am no longer under Rowan Williams, Katherine Schori or Jon Bruno I can finally pray for them. So, go in peace to Love and Serve the Lord.