Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Debate begins in House of Deputies on B033

Louie Crew, deputy and long-time gay activist in the church (and founder of Integrity) is now speaking against B033. This would cut the tongue out of the Holy Spirit. I believe that the Holy Spirit "is" - but you don't have the right to tell me not to listen to the Holy Spirit. I urge defeat.

Southern Virginia - Yesterday I cast a vote in favor in A161 - it's the only vote I ever cast that I am genuinely ashamed. I cast the vote of favor of A161 at the request of a member of the house in order to give our church the opportunity to go forward. It went down in defeat. It doesn't contain the language that targets gays and lesbians - I don't like this resolution and say to the new PB and say this is what we have to offer.

Diocese of Eastern Michigan - Opposes Resolution. Three years ago consented to the consecreation of Gene Robinson as bishop of New Hampshire. In doing so we were following the leading of the Holy Spirit. Now we are being asked to refrain from following the Holy Spirit.

Next Deputy - we must lay down our fear.

The PB Elect has arrived in the House.

No comments: