Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Resolution B-33 "Not Binding" Bishop of Washington says

The resolution is not binding Bishop John Chane of the Diocese of Washington, D.C., said immediately after it passed that he would not follow it. "My own understanding of my responsibility as a bishop is to live into the integrity of my office," Chane said in a statement.

We've heard that a number of liberal bishops - perhaps as many as 30 - have disassociated themselves from the resolution. As soon as this is confirmed, I will post it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A. Mary, you are a galactic-class blogger. I'm now glad I didn't bother buying a ticket to Columbus. Reading your dispatches was exactly like being there!

B. Liberal bishops initiating a church schism. They can't wait to be rid of orthodox Anglicans in the U.S. and internationally.

--Jim R