Friday, January 04, 2008



Right, so I was going to put up "You got a friend" by James Taylor, then I was going to put up "Hey Jude," by the Beatles, and then I thought about "What the World Needs Now," by Dionne Warwick - and then I heard this and thought of Greg and Jake - and then Sarah, Lisa, Matt, Doug, Mark, Kevin, George, Elizabeth, Kendall, Susan R., Simon, Ruth, the Elves, Louie, Chris, Andrew, Susan S., Christopher, Pat, Brad, Jackie, David, Chip, Jim, Jan, and the Mighty IRD and that was that. Rock on, brothers and sisters. This is going to be the year.

Oh, and by the way, listen to the end, if you dare. Greg, call your office. And pass the chai.

And a tranquil tip of the tinfoil to Mark for the toon. You just never know.

5 comments:

Kevin said...

Aaaahhhh ... Isn't that sweet!

Alice C. Linsley said...

Hats off to these folks who have helped bring this crisis into clear focus. Their blogs represent many hours of hard work, sweat and tears. Anglicanism owes them a debt.

I believe that this will indeed be the year that marks a fork in the road. Only let us never forget the One who we serve, nor under-estimate God's power.

Lately the Lord has been speaking to me about trusting HIM. And here I thought that I WAS trusting Him. There is still so much within that I've not surrendered to His Lordship.

If you haven't read it, I encourage you to read William H. Willimon's 1983 article "On a Wild and Windy Mountain." You will find it reprinted at Just Genesis. (Click on the link to the right.)

May 2008 be a blessed year for readers of BabyBlue.

Anonymous said...

Excellent choice of music, I must say! And the ending seems as adamantine as a legal process in an ECUSA/TEC reconciliation. ;>)

Thanks,BB. I had a good laugh and some serious vibe recollections!

SUSAN RUSSELL said...

Honored, I'm sure, to be in such august company!

Anonymous said...

Glad you chose some real music, BB, not some wimpy stuff.

Because bloggers do not all love each other. They hate us, we hate time. We believe they should all be thrown out of the church, while they have thrown us out of the chuch. We believe Gene robinson is not fit to be on the gardening roster, they believe he should be the next Archbishop of Canterbury

We hate evil. They are evil. We hate them, and wish them speedy damnation.