Friday, January 25, 2008

Friday Night Prayer











Psalm 119.145-176

145
I call with my whole heart :
hear me, O Lord, I will keep thy statutes.

146
Yea, even unto thee do I call :
help me, and I shall keep thy testimonies.

147
Early in the morning do I cry unto thee :
for in thy word is my trust.

148
Mine eyes prevent the night-watches :
that I might be occupied in thy words.

149
Hear my voice, O Lord, according unto thy loving-kindness :
quicken me, according as thou art wont.

150
They draw nigh that of malice persecute me :
and are far from thy law.

151
Be thou nigh at hand, O Lord :
for all thy commandments are true.

152
As concerning thy testimonies, I have known long since :
that thou hast grounded them for ever.

153
O consider mine adversity, and deliver me :
for I do not forget thy law.

154
Avenge thou my cause, and deliver me :
quicken me, according to thy word.

155
Health is far from the ungodly :
for they regard not thy statutes.

156
Great is thy mercy, O Lord :
quicken me, as thou art wont.

157
Many there are that trouble me, and persecute me :
yet do I not swerve from thy testimonies.

158
It grieveth me when I see the transgressors :
because they keep not thy law.

159
Consider, O Lord, how I love thy commandments :
O quicken me, according to thy loving-kindness.

160
Thy word is true from everlasting :
all the judgements of thy righteousness endure for evermore.

161
Princes have persecuted me without a cause :
but my heart standeth in awe of thy word.

162
I am as glad of thy word :
as one that findeth great spoils.

163
As for lies, I hate and abhor them :
but thy law do I love.

164
Seven times a day do I praise thee :
because of thy righteous judgements.

165
Great is the peace that they have who love thy law :
and they are not offended at it.

166
Lord, I have looked for thy saving health :
and done after thy commandments.

167
My soul hath kept thy testimonies :
and loved them exceedingly.

168
I have kept thy commandments and testimonies :
for all my ways are before thee.

169
Let my complaint come before thee, O Lord :
give me understanding according to thy word.

170
Let my supplication come before thee :
deliver me, according to thy word.

171
My lips shall speak of thy praise :
when thou hast taught me thy statutes.

172
Yea, my tongue shall sing of thy word :
for all thy commandments are righteous.

173
Let thine hand help me :
for I have chosen thy commandments.

174
I have longed for thy saving health, O Lord :
and in thy law is my delight.

175
O let my soul live, and it shall praise thee :
and thy judgements shall help me.

176
I have gone astray like a sheep that is lost :
O seek thy servant, for I do not forget thy commandments.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son : and to the Holy Ghost; as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be : world without end. Amen.

No comments: