Wednesday, December 05, 2007

First Snow

This morning I was listening to the radio. The Weather People kept saying words like "Alberta Clipper" and "dusting" and "minor event" and "melt" and "Alberta Clipper" and "dusting" and "nothing to worry about." Then cars started crashing on the interstate highways and still we heard, "Alberta Clipper" and "Dusting" and "minor event" and "melt" and "nothing to worry about" - oh then they added words like "trace" and "grass only" and kept saying "dusting."

Another Example of #2. I don't know who the Weather People are but it's obvious they don't live here. They are probably in their cozy cubicles at the Weather Channel looking at the modules, but they forget this Washington. A mere snow flake causes people to abandon their cars.

12 comments:

Kevin said...

I know for one dear friend this was a great gift for he leaves Monday for a land where may not see snow again.

Turkeylegs said...

Thank you BB for the snow report. Oh how I miss my native land, snow or no. I'm listening to +John now, thanks again.

Anonymous said...

Shall we take up a collection to buy the weatherperson a window for his/her office?

Dave said...

I don't know who the Weather People are but it's obvious they don't live here.

I knew it! DAMN YOU, TOPPER SHUTT! *shakes fist*

Unknown said...

Does Topper have a window????

bb

Judith L said...

In this world of change and decay, it is good to know that some things never change. Close to the top of the list: D.C. traffic snarls and multiple accidents with any snowfall at all. Probably the one thing that remains of my youth in D.C. in the 50's. What I want to know is, have the 2 snow plows which the district owns been deployed yet? "We are a Southern city and we really don't expect snow."

Anonymous said...

I just got back from Texas yesterday and 87 degree weather. When i got to Minn. it was 12 degrees and forcast to have 2-5 inches of snow. I left the office at 3 because we already had 8 inches and it was still snowing it took me 2 hours to go 20 miles. We ended up with from 8 -16 inches of snow. Today all roads are plowed and cleared, any with hard packed snow have been sanded and salted. waiting for you to visit BB.
Art=

Anonymous said...

Us Albertans get a real kick out of sending the Clippers to you Sutherners :-)

Anonymous said...

peter,
we are going to build a wall( a high one) at the border to keep your cold up there.
Art+

Unknown said...

Well, the snow has finally stopped. It's sparkling outside in the light of the streetlamps. Every so often I hear the ploughs go by. Now that's what I call a dusting.

Thanks, Peter, for the gift! ;-)

bb

Hiram said...

I moved from No Va to Rome, NY, in 1982. I thought that I would be among people who knew how to drive in snow. The percentage of "Romans" who can drive sanely in snow is higher than those in metro DC -- but not by much.

Unknown said...

LOL! memories....
Save some snow for when I get to visit in early Jan, since it's been 3 years since I've seen any. Not something we get in W. Africa!