Monday, July 02, 2007

Shelter from the Storm

Dylan is back on the road again and this is from a live performance just last week in Atlantic City. I haven't heard him in such good voice in years. And what a terrific new arrangement of his classic. How does he do it?

A very special tip of the tinfoil to Comrade RWB.



In a little hilltop village, they gambled for my clothes
I bargained for salvation an' they gave me a lethal dose.
I offered up my innocence and got repaid with scorn.
"Come in," she said, "I'll give you
shelter from the storm."


B. Dylan, 1974

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

BB, I really appreciate the music on your blog - it keeps me from getting too angry with the situation we face.

RalphM

Unknown said...

Thanks, Ralph - that means a lot! I do find myself looking for things to help keep things in perspective. Dylan is good for that! ;-)

bb

Anonymous said...

Love the music, but it is the picture that it bittersweet. I can still hear the rain on the tin roofs of houses like this in eastern NC during the 50's. Thanks for the song but it is the picture that warms me. I want to restore it and plant a garden.
Sandra