Saturday, November 25, 2006

Dylan finishes "Modern Times" Tour for 2006

I know, I know - I still have to finish my review of the Dylan concert last week. Events have taken over in recent days, but it really is coming soon. In the meantime, came across this live version of "Ain't Talkin" from his final show in New York City for 2006. Click on the headline above. It's awesome. This by a man who still has the fire - and the lyrics are out of this world.

Tip of the Tinfoil Hat to RWB.

bb

The sufferin' is unending
Every nook and cranny has its tears
I'm not playing, I'm not pretending
I'm not nursin' any superfluous fears

Ain't talkin', just walkin'
Walkin' ever since the other night.
Heart burnin', still yearnin'
Walkin' 'til I'm clean out of sight.

As I walked out in the mystic garden
On a hot summer day, a hot summer lawn
Excuse me, ma'am, I beg your pardon
There's no one here, the gardener is gone

Ain't talkin', just walkin'
Up the road, around the bend.
Heart burnin', still yearnin'
In the last outback at the world's end.


From "Ain't Talkin'" by Bob Dylan, 2006

No comments: