Thursday, August 14, 2008

Another Episcopal priest received by Archbishop Orombi is inhibited by the Bishop of Virginia

And guess what - she's a woman. So much for Indaba. Since she hasn't released a public statement, we won't publish her name here. It appears Bishop Lee got off the plane from Canterbury and straightaway signed the letter which arrived in her mailbox this week.

As we recall, Jesus said "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall ..." They shall what? Think about it. How can anyone return from Lambeth and say "peace, peace," when there is no peace? There is no peace. As Bob says, everything is broken and there is not a lawsuit in the world that will fix what's broken here. Come, Holy Spirit.

And this is for you, my courageous friend:



I'm falling apart, I'm barely breathing
With a broken heart that's still beating
In the pain there is healing
In your name I find meaning
So I'm holdin' on to you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seems to me the nastier the Nasty Church behaves the more of us see how thoroughly nasty they are and the less like a church. It makes a new recognised Anglican church in North America more rather than less likely and frankly in terms of numbers it is more likely to grow and evangelise than TEC in its current self-destruct mode.

I am sorry for your friend and send my love in Christ.

Anonymous said...

I have admiration for the courage of this woman - assuming she is doing it for the correct reasons and with her eyes wide open. Is there any chance she will be laicized, depending upon which way the wind blows from Africa? At the very least she has entered a male dominated clerical structure where she will almost certainly have a hard time being heard although it does present her with an opportunity to be a witness for all women --in Africa and elsewhere. Prayers for her faithful witness in such a trying social setting.

Andy said...

BB, Kudos and prayers for this sister and yokefellow. I know her by sight and everything I know about her points to a lady of faith and courage.

Her inhibition on the part of DioVA is a hollow, mute and spiteful gesture.