Sunday, July 27, 2008

A request for prayer from Mouneer Anis

The Bishop of Egypt and Primate of the Middle East, Mouneer Anis, has asked for intercessory prayer as he takes part in a debate on Monday at the Lambeth Conference regarding the crisis in the Anglican Communion. "Please pray for me because on Monday 28 July we will have another debate," the bishops writes on his blog. "Last Wednesday the TEC bishops were well prepared and spoke very bluntly, making it clear that there is no turning back. I will present my thoughts to them on Monday. I pray to God for strength and direction, that He may direct my thoughts and words."

And we do pray that Jesus, the Light of the World, will so illuminate your path that many will have new ears to hear and news eyes to see that Jesus is Risen and He is Lord - of our lives and of our Church. Come, Lord Jesus. Come, Lord Jesus. Come quickly, my Lord. Amen.

Photo by George Conger.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

May the Lord so anoint and unite Bishop Mouneer to His purposes, His Truth and Love and Life, that Jesus Christ will be lifted up to draw hearts and minds to yeild to Him.
May the words of his mouth and the meditation of his heart be acceptable in Thy sight. Let Mouneer's spirit be united with the One Spirit that makes thy messengers flames of fire, and inflamed the hearts St. Peter, St. Paul, all the Apostles, Fathers, Saints and Martyrs, the great and small, the theologians, preachers, evangelists, teachers and missionaries and all Thy faithul servants who love Thee even today. Anoint and circumcise the hearts and minds of those who hear to receive and hear Thy Word for them tomorrow. In Jesus Holy Name, Amen

Anonymous said...

+Mouneer Anis is in my prayers as are you Mary for a safe and rewarding trip to Lambeth.
Art+

Anonymous said...

Another prayer for Lambeth from Brad Drell of Western LA, I felt was worthy of passing on:
"Know that I will be holding you in prayer this week as the Lambeth Conference faces the tough decisions regarding the Communion. I am praying that what they do will ultimately force TEC’s liberal leadership to declare the “Episcopal Communion”, as I do not think they will change or go back on their current moves. That would hopefully allow faithful Dioceses to form an Anglican Province and keep their property, consistent with the Constitution and Canons of the Church."

Barring repentance and fruits of repentance, I rest Brad Drell's prayer before the Lord for His only Wise consideration.
In Jesus Name, Amen

Kevin said...

Oh, bishop, be assured of my prayers!

Anonymous said...

Brad Drell: "I am praying that what they do will ultimately force TEC’s liberal leadership to declare the “Episcopal Communion”, as I do not think they will change or go back on their current moves."

This is a prayer?!?

Has one never heard of "Not my will, but thy will be done?"

Padre Wayne