Sunday, August 19, 2007

Truro welcomes new rector!

Big weekend at Truro. Tory Baucum begins his new ministry as rector of Truro (he will be formally installed in October by his predecessor, Bishop Martyn Minns with Bishop Sandy Millar, Missionary Bishop in the Diocese of London, preaching). But this is his first official weekend and after hearing his first sermon last night at the Saturday night service, to say that I'm thrilled is an understatement. Welcome to Tory and Elizabeth and their family!

5 comments:

Václav Patrik Šulik said...

It was also nice to hear from ++Akinola and +Bena.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely delightful!

Anonymous said...

I liked the joke about the movement of Christianity throughout the centuries from Palestine to North America. I also noticed during communion what looked like an Orthodox prayer rope on his wrist. Interesting.

Unknown said...

Check out the posting from Sandra Bittner over at StandFirm here:

http://www.standfirminfaith.com/index.php/site/article/5193/

bb

Unknown said...

ok, the internet is great, don't get me wrong. But now I'm chomping at the bit for transporter machines or virtal portals... step into your computer and go visit somewhere for a little while....! I would so loved to have been at Truro yesterday, or to be able to be there for Tory's installation. (Or to have been there for Martyn's farewell or his installation...). Sigh. But it twas not to be.

Just maybe I'll get a chance to sneak up to Fairfax when I'm stateside for Christmas. It's a serious possibility!

Missing y'all!