Thursday, August 31, 2006

Bishop Lee writes to the Diocese of Virginia

A Letter to the Diocese of Virginia from Bishop Lee

Dear Friends:

Since the election of the Rev. Martyn Minns, rector of Truro Church, Fairfax, as a Bishop in the Church of Nigeria, Martyn, the Truro vestry, the Standing Committee and I have had several discussions concerning the challenges this situation posed to the Diocese of Virginia and Truro Church.

Our discussions are continuing. And while I could wish for a more timely resolution to this situation, I am mindful that the Holy Spirit requires much of us, including patience.

As your Bishop, I have sought wise and godly counsel in this matter. In all of this, I have acted with the highest degree of pastoral concern for the congregation of Truro Church while also considering the needs of the entire Diocese.

At this time, I earnestly seek your prayers and support as we continue to seek the guidance of the Holy Spirit to discern a way forward that glorifies God and honors our Church.

Faithfully,

Peter James Lee
Bishop of Virginia

4 comments:

Karen B. said...

BB thanks so much for posting this.

I'm very thankful for Lee's patience and pastoral concern and his call to pray.

May God show +Lee and Truro a clear way forward. May +Lee and Truro receive wise Godly counsel that will help them discern the Lord's will, and may God grant grace to all involved to follow and obey His leading.

BabyBlue said...

Thanks, Karen. Thank you for your prayers!!

bb

Uncle Dino said...

A very charitable letter by Bp. Lee. I disagree with him on a variety of theological issues, but I do appreciate the tone of this letter and his desire (an ours) to glorify God.

Anonymous said...

Let's just pray he is telling the truth.