Friday, September 21, 2007

Heartsick but still hopeful ...

The press conference is over the dramatic difference between the statement we just read from the Presiding Bishop of Jerusalem and what we've heard from the Archbishop of Canterbury is profound. I'm putting up a video of the press conference so you can see for yourself. BabyBlue asked one of the last questions and the answer broke my heart. It shows that he does not comprehend the pain of this separation, the seriousness of the breach, the tearing of the fabric - and yet at the same time he lamented the lawsuits. And there's the Presiding Bishop of the Episcopal Church sitting next to him who has authorized all those lawsuits. Standing there to ask the question turned out to be a whole lot harder than I realized.

One thing though that comes to mind - Rowan Williams spoke out against the lawsuits by the Episcopal Church. I'll have that quote up shortly. Now that I've thought about it, that was a substantial development. I don't recall actually hearing that from the Archbishop of Canterbury himself.

bb

4 comments:

Kevin said...

[*Hugs*]

mousestalker said...

You are loved by God and redeemed by his Son. Your work in New Orleans has been a worthwhile ministry. Please do not feel discouraged.

Anonymous said...

Prayin' for you. I *know* what those places are like!

Anonymous said...

All I can say having watched the event this morning, is thank you for your witness. Please remember that you are not alone and this is a walk we will take in company.