Thursday, October 30, 2008

Friday Night at the Cafe: Dream On

Yes, we learn tonight that Joe Perry is a Republican. Gotta love America. Not only is he a self-described "hardcore Republican," he's up front and personal that he's supporting John McCain for president, saying “Seeing so many people come out for Obama, I just felt like ‘What the hell, I might as well raise my hand for this side.’” And what does John McCain think? According to his spokesman, Tucker Bounds, “Joe Perry is an icon of rock-and-roll and a great American. John McCain absolutely appreciates his support.”

So on that note, tonight at the Cafe we present Aerosmith and Dream On:



Every time I look in the mirror
All these lines on my face getting clearer
The past is gone
It went by, like dusk to dawn
Isn't that the way
Everybody's got their dues in life to pay

Yeah, I know nobody knows
where it comes and where it goes
I know it's everybody's sin
You got to lose to know how to win

Half my life's
in books' written pages
Lived and learned from fools
and from sages
You know it's true
All the feelings come back to you

Sing it with me, sing for the year
Sing for the laughter, sing for the tear
Sing it with me, if it's just for today
Maybe tomorrow, the good Lord will take you away


Loved the song - never knew it was Aerosmith. Well, as a bonus - who would have thought it? Here's Steve Tyler singing a soulful and meaningful Amazing Grace - in church.



Life is always full of surprises. Pass the popcorn and the chai.

5 comments:

Robbie said...

Wow, who would have thought it! Steve Perry's always had a great bluesy rock n roll voice, and it sounds great doing gospel (in a church)! Who would have thought...

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's just because I haven't had my second cup of coffee. I see and hear a performance of lyrics, but I don't pick up the feeling that he owns the message they proclaim.

I'll get more coffee...

RalphM

Kevin said...

A pragmatic political comment: "Walk this Way" maybe a better campaign song than "Dream On" ;-p


(Joe Perry can hang out with Ted Nugget who also is life long Republican, I'm seeing a Heavy Metal trend in this, hmmm)

Unknown said...

Well, that was my first choice and I found a cool performance of it so I may post that one as well. ;-)

bb

Anonymous said...

Always loved Aerosmith -- being from Boston! And even more extraordinary for a Massachusetts native to be a hard-core Republican. Poor guy, since they can't seem to overcome the Dems juggernaut on Members of Congress, let's at least let him get the President he wants! :)
Faith