Friday, May 25, 2007

Inside The Bus

"I don't think he travels with family. I think he has that bus all to himself. I think inside the bus, I think he has books, he has a typewriter, he has some sort of outlet to listen to music. I think he's constantly listening to new music, or old music. But who knows? What does he do all day? Does he work on the next volume of his book? Does he write new songs?"

Rolling Stone magazine's associate editor Austin Scaggs reflecting that the constantly touring Dylan is just as mysterious in his 60s as he was 40 years ago.


He seems to get e-mail somehow - he must have one souped-up typewriter. One thing we do know, he better check who's driving the bus.



Bob Dylan kicks off his 2007 US Tour June 22nd and 23rd in Atlantic City, NJ.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like to read your blog and especially enjoyed Mr. Tamborine Man. I don't know what Bob Dylan does all day. I am in my late 60's and everything takes longer because I enjoy it more and have a deeper emotional response to nature, music and God.

Unknown said...

Sandra, could be that Bob is feeling just like you are these days! ;-) His last album, Modern Times, seems to reflect all those themes. Something is going on with him - he's even picked the guitar back up after about a five year hiatus!

Thanks for posting - we don't get too many posts on the Bob Dylan stuff - but we know you guys are out there! ;-)

bb