Monday, July 17, 2006

Lex Luther returns - and he looks like Giles Frasier

When Giles Frasier hates Superman he shows not only his loathing for Americans, but his disdain for evangelicals as well in one fell swoop. Click the headline above to read his tirade against truth, justice, and the rest of it - if you can.

I lost my head after reading the diatribe on T19 and posted the following (go to http://titusonenine.classicalanglican.net/?p=14249):

I love Superman.

I love that he is “super” and he is a “man.” I love that he knows he has a calling and he follows his calling, even though it’s costly. I love that he has a heart and will sacrafice his own desires and wants for the good of others. I love that he is funny. I love that he knows the difference between good and evil and that good and evil exist - and good must be defended and evil must be defeated. I love that he has compassion for humans, despite how we mess up the planet and each other. I love that he declines to live selfishly and instead lives selflessly. I love that he is not afraid to fight - but doesn’t go looking for a fight. I love that he loves Lois Lane. I love that he loves truth and justice (which is a fasinating combination - truth and justice). I love that he believes that there is an American way, a vision, an experiment that he wants to see succeed - and that it’s a good thing.

And he’s awfully cute too. especially when he’s Clark Kent.

bb

-----

MEMORANDUM

DATE: JULY 17, 2006
TO: The Rev. Dr. Giles Fraser
FROM: Your Worst Nightmare
RE: Would you rather be speaking German?

Sir, you write in today's edition of the BBC's "Thought for the Day": "Superman is a refusal to accept that we are complicated creatures. It's a fantasy of salvation ... presuming that salvation is achieved when the goodies have destroyed the baddies. The problem is: I don't know which one of those is me."

Thank you for sharing. Hmm ... let's investigate further, shall we?











The Rev. Dr. Giles Fraser













Mr. Lex Luthor


No wonder you don't like Superman.

No comments: