Thursday, February 26, 2009

Thursday Night at the Cafe Double Feature: First up - From the Cathedral to the Pub at Lambeth's End

Tonight we have a special double-feature here at the BabyBlueCafe. Both are videos made during the Lambeth Conference last summer in Canterbury, England.

First up is an "insiders-view" gonzo-style video of what it was like "behind the scenes" at Canterbury Cathedral following the final Eucharist that closed the Lambeth Conference - called by the Archbishop of Canterbury once every ten years.

In the video you'll see us pass checkpoints as we walk with the bishops and archbishops of the Anglican Communion. They are heading to a party in the rain. I wasn't quite sure where I was going since it was at first an undisclosed location. Lambeth was often like that. Often it was the unexpected that was the most memorable.

But we do find our way to the Parrot, a historic pub founded in 1370 and greet friends, take our word for it.



Stay tuned for Lost in Canterbury, coming up next!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really liked the jazzy pipe piece in the first bit, but at the risk of sounding rude, I don't think Kevin K. is going to hire you as a camera person anytime soon!

(As you were walking toward the pub I saw a couple of very familiar people. Wow! That was very "small worldy!")

Unknown said...

Kevin has no worries. ;-) This is gonzo video.

bb

Anonymous said...

Alright, now I think I know who accompanied you on your walk to the Parrot. A fellow journalist . . with an English accent . . . by the name of David, right? (Pardon my totally wrong guess on YouTube!)

Unknown said...

Guess again!

bb

Anonymous said...

If it's not DV, and it's not +GV, who can it be? Hmm . . . I'm thinking. Thinking I need to go back through the SF archives and see who was with ya'll last summer! ;)