Saturday, December 20, 2008

Merry Christmas! And yes, you're it!

Okay, remember when you were about nine years old and you'd get these chain letters in the mail? Where did they come from? Had they started in the mid-thirteenth century and just never stopped? They used to be pages and pages long and you'd have to do twelve copies to people who had been your friends until you sent them the letter - but if you break the chain, well, that's it.

Are those days gone? Well, no. And now it's here yet again. It's Saturday afternoon and it looks rather bleak outside and we're playing the Christmas Carols and thinking about what really matters in life, like a fluffy cat who's constant thoughts are on what time is dinner, Madam?

But dearest Perpetua has tagged me and so - well, why not? Merry Christmas every one.

Here are the rules:

1. Link to the person who tagged you. Check.
2. Post the rules on your blog. Check.
3. Write six random things about yourself. (See below)
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them. (See further below...)
5. Let each person know they've been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.

Six random things

1. I just learned how to fix a toilet.
2. I interviewed Donny and Marie Osmond for my high school newspaper.
3. I drove on a road in the Highlands of Scotland for twenty minutes before I realized I was driving on the wrong side the road.
4. I once went camping in a Hurricane.
5. I heard Corrie ten Boom speak when I was a teenager.
6. I love Diet Coke.

Christopher, Mr. Haley, Beach, Elf Girl, O Captain, my Captain, and Travis. Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

A. S. Haley said...

OK, BabyBlue, thanks for the tag. My post is up, along with the six random things, and six more nominees---along with a little bit about the background of this game. You are now an official winner of the Superior Scribe Award---Merry Christmas!